Travel the World with a Trinity TESOL
Join our internationally recognised and certified face-to-face or 100% Online Trinity CertTESOL (TEFL) courses in Malaga. Gain all the required skills and knowledge to work successfully as an English teacher. Imagine traveling the world with a Trinity TESOL, the opportunities are limitless!
What is the Trinity Cert TESOL?
The Trinity College London Certificate in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) is the highest TEFL qualification (equivalent to CELTA). The TESOL is validated by Trinity College London and recognised by both the British Council and employers worldwide. Travel the world with your TESOL and explore exciting new opportunities! Credits are also awarded towards degree programmes offered by universities in the UK.
What are the entry requirements?
- Candidates should be 18 or over
- Must be able to work at a university level (degree not required)
- Have an awareness and competence in written and spoken English to a minimum of C1 level.
- Non-native speakers are required to prove their language competence, for instance by providing: – Trinity graded examination in spoken English, Grade 10 or above; – Cambridge ESOL Certificate in C1 Advanced or Proficiency in English; – IELTS band 7.0 (on all sub-scores) or above; – Pitman Advanced ESOL examination; – TOEFL (PBT 600, CBT 250, iBT 10; – (Skype) interview to assess their level of English
- All candidates are required to conduct a pre-course interview, either at the training centre or via Whatsapp video or Skype
The course is a combination of
- Guided lesson preparation and observed teaching practice
- Input sessions related to English language teaching
- Individual assignments
This course is validated by Trinity College and above all covers all 5 units of the Trinity Cert TESOL qualification:
Unit 1: Teaching Skills
- Live teaching practice assessed by course tutors.
- Self-evaluation of classroom teaching practice.
- Observation of experienced teachers.
- Teaching Practice Journal.
Unit 2: Language Awareness
- Develop an understanding of grammar, vocabulary, and phonology through input sessions taught by the course tutors.
- Written exam to test understanding.
Unit 3: Learner Profile
- Interview, prepare a 1-to-1 private lesson and teach this lesson to a real English language learner.
- Produce a written assignment describing what was learned about the learner and an assessment of the lesson taught.
Unit 4: Materials Assignment
- Create a set of materials for your classroom teaching practice.
- Produce a short report describing how and why you created them and moreover, how effective they were.
- Assessment through an interview with the Trinity moderator on the final day.
Unit 5: Unknown Language
- Participate as a student in 4 unknown language lessons.
- Produce a written journal describing the experience and how this influenced your teaching.
Teacher Development Courses
- Teaching Business English
- Teaching young learners
- Teaching Cambridge Exams
- Professional Development Course
- CV writing
- Interview techniques
- Finding work in Spain and worldwide
- Teaching online
- Application process
- Private jobs page
Timetable: 4-week face-to-face Trinity TESOL
- 4-week face-to-face Trinity TESOL course Monday – Friday 9 am – 3.30 pm, including some short breaks and a lunch break.
Timetable: 5-week face-to-face Trinity TESOL
- 5-week face-to-face Trinity Cert TESOL course Monday – Thursday 9 am – 3.30 pm, including some short breaks and a lunch break.
Timetable: 6-week face-to-face Trinity TESOL
- 6-week face-to-face Trinity TESOL course Monday – Wednesday 9 am – 3.30 pm, including some short breaks and a lunch break.
Timetable: 8-week face-to-face Trinity TESOL
- 8-week face-to-face Trinity TESOL course Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays 9 am-3.30 pm, including some short breaks.
Timetable: 100% Online Trinity TESOL
- 100% Online Trinity TESOL course (6 or 10 weeks) *Fast-track option available Study from anywhere in the world via distance learning and teach real learners online.