Terms & Conditions
• After we have received and approved your booking, we will invite you for a Skype or face-to-face interview.
• At the end of the interview you will be told if you are offered a place on the course. If so, we will let you think about it for a while by keeping your place for 48 hours. If you would like to take up the offer, you will need to send us the €400 deposit within this time. Early bird fees must be paid in full 3 months before the course starts.
• We will reserve your spot on receipt of the (deposit) payment. You will receive the course confirmation and pre-course tasks by e-mail.
- Payments are non-refundable.
- The balance of course fees must be paid no later than 15 working days before the first day of the course. Should the balance not reach us on time you will automatically be placed on a reserve list and risk losing your place if someone pays in full before you do. There will be no right to a refund of your deposit.
- If you postpone the starting date of your Trinity Cert TESOL course giving:
A. More than 4 weeks notice—no penalty. The payment will be valid for a future course. The course must be completed within one year of its postponement.
B. Less than 4 weeks notice—you will forfeit your original €400 deposit which must be paid again. The course must be completed within one year of its postponement.
- If you cancel the Trinity Cert TESOL course—0% refund
- Students who start but do not finish their programme—0% refund. The course (and accommodation) fees cannot be used for a future course.
- If your visa is rejected, as long as proof of rejection is sent to us, we would refund full fees for the Professional Development Course but you will not receive a refund for the TEFL course as this can be completed on a travel visa.
- The place on any course and fees paid cannot be transferred to another person.
- TEFL in Spain cannot be held responsible for loss or theft of personal belongings.
- We reserve the right to cancel a course up to 2 weeks before the start date. In this case your full fees will be refunded (including deposit).
- A fee of €100 is applicable to any referred projects (if a project needs fails and needs to be remarked).
- The school reserves the right to cancel a course if forced to do so by unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond the control of the school (war, civil or political unrest, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions, or other similar events beyond the control of the school). In this case your full fees will be refunded.
- Full payment and receipt for the accommodation must be received at least 1 month before your course date.
- Rooms / private flats are booked and paid for per 4 weeks. Students check in from 11am on Sundays before the course begins and check out at 11.00 h on Saturdays, at the end of their course. Bookings for extra nights are possible. The fee for additional nights is of €25 for a single room and €20 per person for a double room.
- If you require accommodation details for your visa, payment must be received at least 2 months before your course date.
- Allocation is on a strictly first come first served basis.
- All bills are included in the accommodation fees (heating, water, light & wifi)
- The accommodation fees are non-refundable but can be used for a future course if:
A. the trainee postpones up to 1 month before the course starts – no extra fee will be charged
B. the trainee postpones up to 2 weeks before the course starts – 50% of the accommodation fee must be re-paid
C. the trainee postponed with less than 2 weeks before the course starts – the trainee will be required to pay the full accommodation fee again.
- Accommodation rules:
1. Smoking is NOT allowed.
2. Changing the assigned room is only permitted with prior approval by the Landlord.
3. Tenants should not create excessive noise at a level that disturbs flatmates and/or
neighbours. Quiet hours are from 10:00p.m. – 8:00a.m.
4. Guests are permitted up to max 2 nights per month only with prior approval by the Accommodation Manager. Any guest in the property is the sole responsibility of the Tenant.
5. All of the units are privately owned; the Landlord is not responsible for any accidents,
injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Landlord is not
responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the Tenant.
By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all Tenants are expressly assuming the risk
of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the
6. Keep the property and all the common spaces in good order.
7. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
Please switch off lights and appliances when not needed or when leaving the property /
8. PETS are permitted only with prior approval by the Landlord.
9. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service, so all Tenants are required to
keep the property clean.
10. Linens are included. We do not permit linens to be taken from the units.
You are required to bring your own towels.
11. Garbage: Any garbage must be stowed in the proper bin and thrown out at least every two
Failure to follow the above-mentioned rules may result in losing the deposit (for long term stays) as well as being asked to leave.