Travel the World with a Trinity TESOL
Join our internationally recognised and certified face-to-face, online or blended Trinity TESOL (TEFL) courses in Malaga. Gain all the required skills and knowledge to work successfully as an English teacher. Imagine traveling the world with a Trinity TESOL, the opportunities are limitless!
*No previous teaching experience is required!
What is the Trinity Cert TESOL?
The Trinity College London Certificate TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) is the highest TEFL qualification (equivalent to CELTA). The TESOL is validated by Trinity College London and recognised by both the British Council and employers worldwide. Travel the world with your TESOL and explore exciting new opportunities! Credits are also awarded towards degree programmes offered by universities in the UK.
The course is a combination of
- Guided lesson preparation and observed teaching practice
- Input sessions related to English language teaching
- Individual assignments
This course is validated by Trinity College and above all covers all 5 units of the Trinity Cert TESOL qualification:
Unit 1: Teaching Skills
- Live teaching practice assessed by course tutors.
- Self-evaluation of classroom teaching practice.
- Observation of experienced teachers.
- Teaching Practice Journal.
Unit 2: Language Awareness
- Develop an understanding of grammar, vocabulary, and phonology through input sessions taught by the course tutors.
- Written exam to test understanding.
Unit 3: Learner Profile
- Interview, prepare a 1-to-1 private lesson and teach this lesson to a real English language learner.
- Produce a written assignment describing what was learned about the learner and an assessment of the lesson taught.
Unit 4: Materials Assignment
- Create a set of materials for your classroom teaching practice.
- Produce a short report describing how and why you created them and moreover, how effective they were.
- Assessment through an interview with the Trinity moderator on the final day.
Unit 5: Unknown Language
- Participate as a student in 4 unknown language lessons.
- Produce a written journal describing the experience and how this influenced your teaching.
Teacher Development Courses
- Teaching Business English
- Teaching young learners
- Teaching Cambridge Exams
- Professional Development Course
- CV writing
- Interview techniques
- Finding work in Spain and worldwide
- Teaching online
- Application process
- Private jobs page
- All 5 units passed, during the course or through referral
- In the case of referral, work needs to be completed to the required grade of the course
- Trainees will not be allowed to offset pass marks achieved in one unit against fail marks from other units.
- Candidates should be 18 or over by the start of the course
- Must be able to work at a university level (degree not required)
- Have an awareness and competence in written and spoken English
- Non-native speakers are required to prove their language competence, for instance by providing:
– Trinity graded examination in spoken English, Grade 10 or above;
– Cambridge ESOL Certificate in C1 Advanced or Proficiency in English;
– IELTS band 7.0 (on all sub-scores) or above;
– Pitman Advanced ESOL examination;
– TOEFL (PBT 600, CBT 250, iBT 10;
– (Skype) interview to assess their level of English
- All candidates are required to conduct a pre-course interview, either at the training centre or via Whatsapp video or Skype
Timetable: 4-week face-to-face Trinity TESOL
- 4-week face-to-face Trinity TESOL course
Monday – Friday 9 am – 3.30 pm, including some short breaks and a lunch break.
Timetable: 5-week face-to-face Trinity TESOL
- 5-week face-to-face Trinity Cert TESOL course
Monday – Thursday 9 am – 3.30 pm, including some short breaks and a lunch break.
Timetable: 6-week face-to-face Trinity TESOL
- 6-week face-to-face Trinity TESOL course
Monday – Wednesday 9 am – 3.30 pm, including some short breaks and a lunch break.
Timetable: 8-week face-to-face Trinity TESOL
- 8-week face-to-face Trinity TESOL course
Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays 9 am-3.30 pm, including some short breaks.
Timetable: 100% Online or Blended Trinity TESOL
- 100% Online or Blended Trinity TESOL course (6 or 10 weeks) *Fast-track option available
100% Online or Blended with some face-to-face Teaching Practice
- 4 to 15 trainees per course
What can I expect from the course?
The 4-week course is intensive; there is a lot to learn in a short period of time so that you leave our school best equipped to be confident in the classroom.
The 8-week course is still intense but much less demanding. The course content is spread over a longer period.
The 100% Online or Blended course can be studied via distance learning and/or with some additional face-to-face teaching practice in Malaga (Spain).
Daily routine: Teaching practice, tutor feedback, input sessions and guided lesson planning.
Please note that you’ll also need the evenings and weekends to work on your assignments and lesson plans. Have a look at our full-time Course timetable and graduate testimonials to get a first hand account of what to expect from the course.